I was horrified to find a forecast of 108 degrees for today (yes, I checked twice!) on our local paper's website this morning.
I was somewhat hopeful that it was a mistake and checked another site. How encouraging to find that weatherman only predicts 101 today!
101 is unpleasant, but normal for us.
If it does get anywhere near 108 I'll be staying indoors until the heatwave passes, thank you very much.
Otherwise, I'm sure I'll sound just like the 4 year old who told my daughter last week that she was melting and just wanted her brain ... her "self" back. Drama queen moment aside, I can relate!
Being stuck indoors does have some good points.
* I usually catch up on at least a few of the things I've neglected during the spring and early summer.
* It gives us lots of time to read and learn new things.
* Crafty pursuits and creativity seem to bloom inside when nothing much is blooming outside.
* A lazy summer afternoon is the perfect time to dream up new projects.
* Afternoon naps are perfectly respectable. It's too hot for much else at that time of day anyway.
* I have time to write and update my blog again.
How is the summer treating you?
What do you do when it's too hot to venture outdoors?
Do you have a cool summer recipe to share? (I'm focusing on "no cook" meals these days!)